We all know how unhealthy the foods we buy at the supermarket are. So why not have some autonomy and eat our own food? There are many ways you can do that – you could plant tomatoes and other nice veggies, but what about protein?
Many people have decided that raising chickens could be a great idea. It is quite cheap and you get a lot of benefits from it. First of all, you have the eggs almost every day and from time to time you can even have some meat.
So how much does it cost? The only thing that is a little more expensive is the chicken coop, but there are many chicken coops for sale, so it is just a matter of choosing well. So here are 5 tips for making a great investment:
- 1. Don’t buy plastic. Would you like to live in a plastic house? How would you feel? The first and most basic trick is not to buy plastic houses. There are a lot of them, especially on eBay, but the truth is that chickens won’t lay eggs if they live in such a house. Plastic does not “breathe”, so your chicken will feel very bad while in the chicken coop. During the winter, the plastic stays old and during the summer it does things. Really hot. So avoid plastic chicken coops by all means!
- 2. The chicken needs space. You may have known by now, but chickens are very social animals. They feel good when they can interact and when they can hang out. They have conflicts and “friends” and these social events keep them healthy. So the last thing you want to do is keep them grouped together in a small space. Try to buy a run with the house and try to give them some freedom.
- 3. It must be a one-time investment. A chicken coop is an investment, but it should be a one-time investment. It is not necessary to buy a new cooperative every year. So try to find chicken coops for sale that lasts. Look for hardwood and not a cheap house. It is better to pay once and a little more than to pay every year. Not worth it.
- 4. Choose according to the number of chickens you want to raise. How many chickens do you want to raise? Decide on the number before starting the shopping spree. It is important that the size of the hen house and pen are adequate for the number of chickens you will have.
- 5. Automate your work. Lastly, you should also think about yourself. Do you want to clean every day and make it a very difficult job or do you prefer to buy a litter? How about you get up in the morning? Why not buy an automatic door that can be set to open at 7am so you can stay in bed longer. Automation is great and it will make your life so much easier.
I hope these tricks have been useful to you. So now you should start looking for the best and a great place to start is here: chicken coops for sale.